Friday, July 17, 2009

Oh, to sew!

One day this week, my boys decided that they needed to learn to sew. I am always excited when they are eager and willing to learn something new. So, I decided to take the challenge (and to be honest, a challenge it was!!) I decided taht we would do a simple bag. I cut out the pieces of material, then they sewed a patch on by hand. I helped guide them with the sewing machine. I had wanted to add drawstrings to the bag so that it would close, but the boys were to eager to move on at that point, so they do not have that feature! Overall, they did a pretty good job. And I still had a little hair, when it was all over! :)

Adam and the bag he made!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that he is learning but I thought that the rule that we came up with our other nephews was that they had to be 7...oh well, I am glad that they had a fun time sewing.

    ReplyDelete