Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Mud Dummy

If you read my blog, or you know my boys, you already know that Austin is obsessed with dummies. You will, also, know that my boys love to play in dirt.

Recently, Austin has been talking about how mud is like clay. Well, sort of, but not really.

One day, he was out side for a long time. I called him in, and he explained that he needed to move his dummies head under shelter, in case it rained. I was a bit confused, so I went to check it out. He had certainly made a dummy head. So, we moved it onto a board, then carried it to the carport. The next morning, he was looking for floss. I asked,"why?" He told me he needed to remove the head from the board. I still don't know how he know that is similar to what potters do! The head dried a good amount to be handled, so I was able to get some pictures.

Austin with his dummy head. It even has a "jointed" mouth.

He also made a hand.

Austin with his creations.

I think I need to go to the craft store and get him some real clay!

No comments:

Post a Comment