Thursday, July 2, 2009

MY 1st post!

Although this is the second post for my blog, this is actually this first one I am writing. My dear sister took care of the other for me. Thanks, Lana.



A while ago, a friend, Davene, told me I should start my own blog. I laughed, and said, "I don't think so!" Mainly, because I did not feel that I was a very good writer. But, as time went on, I started to think more about it.



I started a journal for both of my boys when I found out I was pregnant with them. I have jotted notes of cute things they were doing or saying. Major events, and milestones were also recorded. I have noticed, more recently, that it is getting very hard to keep up with this. The journals are kept int he closet of what used to be the nursery (now the bedroom of my 5 year old). The time that I can sit and write, without distraction is when the boys are in bed. Right there is my problem. I never think about getting the journals out BEFORE they are in bed. So, I write a note to myself on a piece of paper and hope to remember the next day. More often than not, I end up losing the paper! One day I was trying to come up with a solution. And I thought, "Oh, I could just type everything into Word and have it int he computer!" Then the more I thought about it, I thought I might as well just start a blog.



The next big hurdle was coming up with a name. I tried several that were already taken, so that set me back to square one each time. So, last night I was talking to Lana and she was very excited about this coming to be! She would think of a name and call me, something would not be right with it, so she would say, "I'll call you back in a minute" and she would. This went on for a while until we thought of Moments with my boys.



That is primarily what this blog will be about. Moments with my two boys and my husband. I hope to write about places we go, things we do as a family, cute things that are said and done, and major milestones that the boys accomplish.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world! I just have one question, what is the last word of your blog...."and major milestones that the boys a." What is the end of the a?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Amy! Great job! :)

    Lana, I'm guessing it's "achieve." Or maybe "accomplish."

    Tell us, Amy; tell us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, its about time. Now I have another blog to read. I have been thinking I need to blog too. We'll see. Maybe when I retire. Betty

    ReplyDelete