Monday, July 20, 2009

Birthday Party

My boys birthdays are only 5 weeks apart. Generally, what I will do, is have a party that is between the 2 dates. So, this year when asked, "What do you want for your party. Who to invite?? and what food do you want??" They responded, "We want Eamon and Shannon (and, of course, their parents) and Matt and Lana." (Of course, Mamaw and Papaw were a given to be there!) So, then we talked about food. They asked for hamburgers and hot dogs (Papaw graciously did them on the grill for us!) Macaroni and cheese, grapes, cucumbers and brownies. (I added a summer squash casserole, because I like it. Mom had green beans, so we added them as well.) It was a very easy meal, and so good!
Austin and his brownie.


Adam had ice cream with his, and chocolate syrup.

After we ate, we went to an antique care and tractor parade. Is there any better way to end a birthday party??


Mike and Adam, waiting for the parade to start


From Left to right: Eamon, Shannon and Austin (Carol is in the background).
Waiting for the parade to start.




We saw old Milk trucks.


I have never seen a milk truck with flames on it!



This one was names "General Lee" (from the Dukes of Hazard).



An old School bus. My dad tells me that my Aunt and Uncle used to ride a bus like this to school.


I'm not sure what to call this one. It looks like a train on wheels, with a steam engine. We are guessing that it may be a very early tractor.




An old style bike.




Adam waving.
Adam learned early in the parade that if you wave to the people who threw candy, they were more likely to throw towards you. He waved, and waved and waved and........waved some more.

Austin playing with his prizes.
Towards the end of parade, I said, "Funny how all tractors seem to look alike after awhile." Then I looked at Austin, he apparently had the same thought. He took the army men that were thrown as treats, and some candy, and started to play army. (I think the candy was what framed the forts.) It was a great end to day!

No comments:

Post a Comment