Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy July 4th!

Last night I called my mom to talk about fireworks for tonight. As we were on the phone, she remembered that her neighbor around the corner usually did a show. So, she called them to see if they were doing fireworks. The daughter says, "Yes, we are doing it tonight, come join us!" So, we headed out there. When we got to my parents it was still light so we let the boys do sparklers.




Here is Austin enjoying his sparkler!






Here is Adam with his sparklers! I love his stance!




One thing the boys really enjoyed was catching lightning bugs. As a general rule, my boys are in bed by 8 or shortly after. Since it is staying light longer and the lightning bugs don't come out until after my boys are in bed, this was a special treat.

Here are Mike and the boys waiting for the fireworks to start.





The the fireworks started. They were beautiful! I tried to get a picture, but it did not turn out the best. I have never had fireworks that are directly above me. The boys were laying in the grass saying "WOW" or "how pretty." We all really enjoyed the show.


No comments:

Post a Comment