Monday, July 6, 2009

My budding artist

During the last week of school Austin brought home a folder from his art teacher. It contained art that he had done throughout the year. She had kept these pieces of art safe in the folder for the children. I appreciate this, because I never knew what condition papers would make it home! When I got a chance to look through the folder I was amazed at what I saw. I thought he had some really nice paintings (maybe that is because I am mom). So, Mike and I framed our 4 favorite and have them around the house now. This one is a refection. I put this in the downstairs bathroom. The blue paper matches the walls! I was pleasantly surprised how good it looks in there.

This one is also in the downstairs bathroom. Mainly because it fit nicely. I believe this one was entered into a show somewhere. It had a lable on it with his name, teacher, grade, and school. I had no idea his work was entered somewhere!


I think he did an beautiful job with these cardinals on the dogwood. This is one of my favorites!


This is my other absolute favorite. It is so abstract! The colors are really bright and vibrant. This picture does not show it the best, but it gives good idea.

Mike was an art minor in college, Austin may have gotten a little of that gene--I know it didn't come from me!

2 comments:

  1. That is so cool. Now his art is being displayed in two houses. I can not wait to come to your house and see them in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, Austin!

    I didn't know that about Mike being an art minor. I'm gonna learn a lot from your blog, I'm thinking! ;)

    ReplyDelete