Friday, February 12, 2010

Sometimes my brain get tired...

Sometimes, after the boys are in bed, I sit down and I'm so glad that I can have a bit of quiet time. Yesterday was one of those days.

Yesterday morning Adam had a Dr. appointment. Since they were out of school, Mike stayed with Austin. I loved having some one on one time with Adam, but he really did make me think the entire time! On the way to the office, he was describing some game that we were going to play in the car. We were suppose to look for icicles on houses, find 2 in a row, but not say "look!" to the other person. (HUH?) I really did not understand, so I think he played, and I watched the road! :)

Once we were in the office, the nurse wanted to see Adam's eczema. (Let me say here that Adam is not one bit shy about letting people know what he is thinking. He has already told the Dr. how to wash his hands!) Adam made sure to tell the nurse (Teresa, my cousin) that it has holes and it hurts, she in NOT to touch it, she may only look at it. (Thank goodness, she has boys and understands all this!) We were finally able to let her see the spots. Before she left the room she took his pulse on his wrist. Then showed him what she was feeling. Adam was intrigued! He started to ask me if he had little hearts everywhere in his body. I tried to explain that, "No, you only have one heart, but you can feel the pulses through some of the veins." The Dr. came in and heard us talking about this. She sat there and talked to Adam about the circulatory system for about 5 minutes! She was telling him about the little tubes all over your body that carry the blood, and how they were kind of like the hose at the kitchen sink. She went on to look at his eczema. She explained to Adam that she was giving him some cream, and it may sting when I put it on for a few days, but it will help his skin heal. I asked, "About how many days till it is healed to where it won't sting." Adam looked at me and said, "8-10" The Dr. chuckled and asked, "Why do you come? You could just send him. It should be about 7 days" He really wasn't too far off! When the appointment was over, she was leaving the room, she said the Adam, "I don't know what you will do one day, but it will be something great!"

As we were walking out, the nurse (my cousin) said something to me and I told her how he wanted to practice opening the window. The Dr. heard this and said, "Good Luck!" (This Dr. has 2 girls, I'm pretty sure her life with 2 girls is a lot different than mine with boys!)

*************************************
Last night, I was reading a devotion with the boys. It was basically saying that if we accept Jesus, God does not see our sins, he just sees Jesus. Adam started telling me something, but all I heard was "...God did not send his son." WHAT?!?! I said, "Adam you know who God's son is." He said, "Yes, it's baby Jesus. But some people don't think that he is God's son. They just think he is a statue or something." I said, "Yes, and that is very sad isn't it."

What I find interesting about this is, I remember being about Adam's age and not realizing that not everyone believed the same thing as me. I figured, I went to church so everyone must go to church. I believe in God, so everyone must believe in God. It wasn't until I was older that I finally realized, not everyone did and believed what I did.

**************************************
When I pray with boys, I let them say a prayer then I say one in addition too theirs. Usually theirs consists of "Thank you for this day. Thank you for a loving family. Thank you for a loving Mommy. Amen" But last night, Austin threw a new one in. He said, "Thank you for this day. Thank you for a loving family. And thank you for taking care of our sins." I was glad to hear this new addition to his prayer.

************************************
I have been having to define a lot of words for Austin lately. It is really hard to do this, when I know the definition, I know how to use the words, and yet I have to try to put it in terms to help a child understand the word. Some of the words that I have tried to define are: banned, trapeze, perish and condemn. (the last 2 are from his memory work) He always seems to understand the meaning after I describe it too him, but sometimes I have to stop and think-How am I going to define this for him??

******************************
The boys are learning John 3:16-17 for the memory work. "For God so loved the world that he gave his only son that whoever believes in him will not perish, but have everlasting life......." For a week or so, Adam would get mixed up on the everlasting life part, and instead say "have a happy day!" I thought that was a pretty interesting mix-up. It is a happy day when you receive everlasting life!

***********************
It is no wonder to me why I feel that my brain is tired in the evening. Thus, the reason I'm writing this in the morning rather than the evening. However, I love it! I never know what is going to be said next, or how they are going to interpret something. My boys really do keep me on my toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment