Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Huge Hole

We now have a huge hole at our house. It is not in the flooring, clothing, or anything else you might expect. It is in Austin's mouth!


In May of 2007, Austin was jumping on the trampoline at my parents house. I'm still not sure how this happened, but he came in the house with his lateral incisors (yes, I had to look that name up) was out. Somehow, it got trapped in the netting of the trampoline and was pulled out.

Austin has had a loose tooth for some time now (the front tooth). I have been encouraging him to wiggle and try to get it out. He wanted to be gentle with it--his plan did not work with my plan. Tonight we were eating dinner at my parents house. Usually, Mom and I (and Carol and Lana--if they are here, tonight they were not) are the last ones at the table. What I do most often, it prop my feet on the chair next to me and relax as we talk. Tonight, after Austin was done eating, he went UNDER the table. I was just getting ready to tell him to get out from under there as I was moving my feet to the chair next me, when BUMP, I bumped Austin's face with my foot. **please note that it was a gentle bump, and he was not hurt!** However, the bump was just enough to get the tooth out! Austin has enjoyed telling everyone at the house that, "Mommy, accidentally kicked my tooth out!" I am so glad that he adds the word accidentally!

I never imagined that his tooth would come out as a result of my foot!

1 comment:

  1. Good job Amy!! I'll let you know if we ever have any loose teeth that need taken care of!!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete