Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Helen Keller & Gliding

I have to say, living with my boys I really never know what to expect.

In school, Austin's class is learning about famous American. This evening at supper, we were talking about Helen Keller, who they are currently studying. Adam decided that they wanted to "experience" what it was like to be both deaf and blind. He covered his ears and I would cover his eyes. Austin did this for a bit, but Adam did it again and again, having me say things to see if he could hear me. Somehow, I think that the 30 seconds that he was doing this was a bit different than the years Helen Keller did!

As I was cleaning up the kitchen, Adam came in with a blanket and said he wanted to glide. I rubber banded the corners to his wrists and ankles. He jumped around a bit and said that he could feel the air, so it must work. I just hope he doesn't try it out of a plane!
This is Adam with his gliding apparatus.

No comments:

Post a Comment