Monday, August 3, 2009

So glad I did!

Yesterday, we stopped at my sisters house on the way home from Lana's. We needed to drop off my nephews guitar. I noticed when I walked in, that there was NO trace of them having been on a weekend trip. Carol had already been in the shower and was playing a game with Shannon. So, I thought, I can get everything put away as well. I was working at unpacking, trying to fix supper (with no groceries!), and Austin kept asking for me to play Apples to Apples with him. Finally, I said, "Okay, 1 game." Adam wanted to play too--All by himself! It was so good for me to see him be independent, and see him read some of the cards. When it was his turn to flip a green card, he turned it over and tried to sound out "fat." The best card I had in my hand was owl-which I thought was pretty good! Austin laid his card down and laughed and laughed. I couldn't figure out what was so funny, until Adam turned the cards over and read his-"my mom." Austin laughed even harder now! He has such a contagious laughter, I had to join in. He said he did it because he knew I would find it funny.

So glad I left all the unpacking, and the messy living room, and enjoyed a good laugh with my boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment