Monday, August 24, 2009

The first day of school 2009!

Today was the first day of school! Austin is in 2nd grade, Adam is in Kindergarten, Mike is teaching 4th grade, again, this year.

I was able to snap a picture before they left.

I was really surprised that I did not cry. Okay, I almost cried. As I watched them go down the driveway, I had tears welling up in my eyes. In order to avoid thinking about this all day, I planned several things that kept me busy. I went to the dentist, then met a friend for lunch, and we went to the book fair afterwards. I had a really nice day!

The boys came home, and all seemed to have a good day. Austin seemed excited that this year he can check out 2 library books. Adam said they did art today. His quote was, "we did some sewing, but it was not real sewing."

I figured today was a good day to get out the special plates and mugs. A good first day of school is as good a reason to celebrate as any!!

I have never been good at keeping track of height and weight on my boys. I decided to try to keep it up a bit better on the blog. Austin is 3'11" and about 55 lbs. Adam is 3' 7" and about
38 lbs. Lets see how they grow!

1 comment:

  1. What an exciting day! I'm so glad it went well for all of you. :)

    ReplyDelete