Thursday, August 27, 2009

The 1st week of school

The first week of school seems to be off to a good start. Austin is enjoying 2nd grade. Today he told me his frog was moved from "nice job" to "fantastic." I'm not exactly sure what this was all about, but it had something to do with his journal and copying a lot of words. Way to go, Austin!!

The other night I asked Adam if he was good for his teacher. He said, "I don't know." So, I asked, "has your stick been moved?" He replied, "I don't know." Mike and I discussed this and decided that we should ask the teacher how things were going, in case there was a problem at school. So, I e-mailed him this morning, this afternoon I got this reply:

He is so very quiet at this point.
Are you sure he is Austin's brother.
No problems at all. Rick

I guess things are going well. It made me laugh, "are you sure he is Austin's brother?" I guess Austin must have been a talker!

2 comments:

  1. oh, just wait until Adam gets comfortable and opens up. I am sure he will be heard just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That made me laugh, too! But I agree with Lana--just give him time. :)

    ReplyDelete