Tuesday, January 5, 2010

this and that...

There have been some things here lately, that I thought, "oh, I should blog about that." But, never did. I decided I would put them all together and do 1 post. So, here is what we have been up to.

Over the Christmas break, Adam discovered he had a bit of flexibility.

Mike got a picture of of him being a contortionist.


Austin tried and tried, but he just could not get his feet to his head.
There are just some things that Adam can do, that Austin cannot and vice versa.
***********************************************
Austin is in 2nd grade. And sometimes, I feel like I am right there with him! They have been studying the first Americans. Yesterday, he brought home a paper for a test that they are having on this--on Friday. They need to know the tribe names, food, occupation, transportation, region, and type of housing. I was thankful for Mike taking the boys out for a little last night, so I could study this, try to learn it, in order to hopefully help Austin study.

I never thought I would be going through 2nd grade, again, at my age!!
************************************************
Adam is still taking speech through the school twice a week. There is another boy in his class that goes with him. They have a group type lesson. The first thing that tickles me about this, is that Adam does not call his speech teacher by her name. He calls her, "my tutor." Secondly, when we talk about his speech time, he always gives me an update on the other boy. Last night, he reported, "he is done with his "v" and has gone onto another letter. But, I am still working on my "s." ("s" is the last sound that Adam needs to work on, so I am pleased that we are getting close to the end of this road.)
************************************************
While the boys were out of school for Christmas break, Adam became interested in playing "SORRY." This game is not really a favorite of mine, sometimes it seems that the game can go on and on and on. But, I willing played for Adam...until he added another part to the game. Not only did we play this long game, but I was suppose to guess which number he drew each time. Talk about a long game becoming longer!

He was, also, interested in playing Mancala. We had been playing it a few weeks before school was out. However, we were playing it wrong. I learned the correct way, and we had some really good games!

On Saturday, he got some puzzles out. He did the 24 piece puzzle, and the 48 piece puzzle, then he pulled out a 100 piece puzzle (note: it was a Spiderman puzzle there were only about 3 colors to it!) He asked for help. (note: I hate puzzles!! My theory is if you want a picture-don't cut it up!) So, I helped him do the border, then we started to work on the inside. After a bit, he said, "Mommy, I'm kind of bored. I think I'll go play. But, you keep working. You can do it!" (Doesn't that lat part sound like something his mother would say to him?) I was determined to get this puzzle done. It took some time, but I did it. I told Adam that was a true labor of love!

No comments:

Post a Comment