Monday, January 25, 2010

Things I love about Adam...

I started to think about some things that I love about my boys the other day. I jotted some down, so I could record them. I decided I would do them as different posts. Tonight, I am posting Adam's.

~I love how Adam says dinagolly for diagonally.

~I love how Adam interprets things. Last week Adam's teacher was out one day, then was only there for a 1/2 day the next day. Adam was telling us about this and said, "Mr. Kline was there in the morning, but he got bored so he left." I really doubted that this was actually the case.

~I love how Adam is wanting to read, but still needs help. One evening, Mike and I were in the kitchen, and Adam was looking at a book. He saw something he could not read, so he said, "what's this spell, a-s-i-a-n-l-o-n-g-h-o-r-n-b-e-t-t-l-e? Mike and I looked at each other. With such a long string of letters we had no idea what he was trying to read. So I went over to him and looked at the word. It was actually, Asian Longhorn Beetle. We would understand it so much better if we knew where the spaces were. :)

~I love how Adam expresses himself. On Friday of last week, the boys were out of school due to ice. The roads were pretty good by noon time, so we had gone on a short outing. When we got home, Adam decided he wanted to break off icicles. Before long, he was knocking on the door to come in, I thought he would say that he wanted to come in because his hands were cold (he didn't wear gloves!), but when he came in he said, "I'm tired of working!" I didn't even ask him to do that!

~Adam is a really deep thinker. I will love to see what he does some day! Tonight as I was putting him to bed, somehow we got to talking about dying. He asked if dying hurts. I answered "I do not really know, because I have never died. But, God will be with you." That did not fully satisfy him, but what else could I say? Then he wanted to know "What will happen if I die too much and cannot go to Heaven?" I told him, "I have never heard of anyone dying too much, but God loves you, and he will be with you." When we were reading our devotion tonight, it talked about feeding people, but not with food. I asked Adam if he understood what that meant. He said, "my Sunday School teacher says that there is water, so that you will not go thirsty anymore." Adam really listens, and he really makes me think. He makes me not only understand my faith, but try to put my faith in childlike words, so he can understand.

There are so many things that I love about Adam. God has blessed me with Adam, and he is such a joy to have as my son!

No comments:

Post a Comment