Thursday, January 28, 2010

Oh, how my mind wandered

It's funny how sometimes I will be thinking of one thing, and somehow-even one little word-can trigger a totally different thought.

Adam was singing a song this morning. It goes like this:


Kenny Kangaroo

and Kitty, too

can fly a kite

and kick a ball

and play a big Kazoo

Then he tried to add different names into the song. Instead of Kitty he tried Candy. My first thought was that Candy does not start with a K. But, then I thought, Oh, I guess it could. For some reason then, I started to think about my cousin Rod and his wife Candice.

Rod and his wife live in Alberta, Canada. The summer of 2008 he was a truck driver, and would often come to the states in his routes. Very often during the summer, Candice would join him for a trip. My sister, Lana, was getting married that summer so he asked if he could have a route that would bring him right through our area over the date of her wedding. (This happened to be the 3 week trip that Candice joined Rod on.)

This picture popped in my mind, when I thought of Rod and Candice.

After the wedding, it started raining. Towards the end of the reception, Adam laid by the door to watch the rain. Then Rod joined him. How cute is that picture??

I was just going to have that picture in my post, but I noticed other "wedding pictures" and thought, "I should add that one too!"

Matt and Lana had disposable cameras at the tables. If they did nothing else, they kept Adam busy! How often do you get a picture of a 4 year old taking a picture of the photographer? Somewhere in Lana's archives of wedding photos, I'm sure she has one of her photographer-taken by Adam.

So, what do you do after a wedding when it is raining? If you are this 7 year old boy you...


...SCOOTER! He got soggy, but he had fun!

His job, at the wedding, was to hand out programs. He looks like he had fun.

It's funny how Adam singing a song about the letter K made me think of all this, but I enjoyed looking through the photos.

1 comment:

  1. How sweet! Those are great pictures and reminders of a great day. Adam, Austin and Eamon and Shannon all were very handsome. Also a very good time having Candace and Rod with us.
    They must be learning about the letter K in school. Mamaw Betty

    ReplyDelete