Saturday, January 30, 2010

On this snowy day...

...Mike and I got some of the carpet up out of our bedroom. We hope to get the rest of it yet tonight, but tomorrow is another day.

...I made pizza with Adam for supper. Adam had just put on his snowsuit to help Mike shovel, and Mike had finished and was coming in. Adam was a little disappointed, so he told me he was GOING to help me, since he could not help daddy. Adam still had his snowsuit on and he got a little flour on it. He said, "good thing I am still wearing my snowsuit." That's right Adam find multi-purposes for things. I look forward to the day that Paula Deen or Rachel Ray says, "All my aprons were dirty so I wore my snowsuit." :)

...my boys got into the swim gear. I think they are as eager for spring as I am...then again, I'm sure I am more eager.

Why, may you ask, were they in the swim gear. The gear was in my closet. Since our room is being re-done, everything had to come out! Thus, they found it. There is, actually, going to be a polar bear swim at our local pool tomorrow. I thought about going, but may have a problem getting my suit on with snow on the ground. It would be so cold coming our of the pool. (the pool does have a dome over it, but the outside air will be cold!)

***Carol, I posted this one for you. You mentioned my house looked neat in the header picture-that was nothing short of foresight. As you can see, half my closet is in the chair, and hanging in 2 doorways. You cannot get to my front door, and the laundry hamper is the hall, and 2 baskets of shoes (why do I need so many shoes? I always wear the same ones!). About a third of the rec room is now storage until we can get the bedrooms put back together. I thought about posting this and then replacing it with another picture, but maybe it will be a good reminder one day of how we got through doing these bedrooms!***

...I baked cookies. Warm chocolate chip cookies are wonderful on a snowy day! I added some M&M's to give them color. Can always use some color on a snowy day. The boys were very excited to have warm cookies after dinner.


I thought I might take some to a meal at church tomorrow. If that is cancelled, I need to take to food to a teacher that just had a baby, if they last that long!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good day!

    Your boys are so handsome in that header picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fun to compare our snowy day activities!
    Funny that they both involved baking :) What better activity is there on a cold, snowy day??
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your header picture! Your boys are getting so big!

    ReplyDelete