Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Things I love about Austin.

Now, for the second part of this post. Some of the reasons I love Austin...

~Austin has a contagious laughter. I noticed twice lately, that he will be laughing really hard, along with Mike and I, about something, then stop for a minute and say, "What did he say?" That often makes me laugh even harder, it seems he did not even know why he was laughing! :)

~He often transposes his favorites onto us. He has been enjoying some old Tom and Jerry episodes lately. The other day he came to me and said something like, "...your favorite old show." I had to ask what it was, because I really was not sure. When he told me, "Tom and Jerry." I realized it was really HIS (current) favorite old show.

~I love that Austin still loves to snuggle with me. He is allowed to snuggle with me after 6:00am. Sometimes when I have to get up to get ready for work, we miss this snuggle time. More than once I have been getting ready and he comes to the bathroom with tears in his eyes because we missed our snuggle time. I will often crawl back in bed and snuggle (only for about 2 minutes)-I don't lay my head on the pillow for fear that I will fall back to sleep, but we snuggle. It really does to seem to make a difference in how the day starts, if we have this time. I do know that this won't last forever, so I am enjoying it now.

~Austin has a way of making me feel like the best cook in the world! The other night for supper I made hot ham and cheese sandwiches. He ate one and said how much he enjoyed this, and asked if we could have it again the next night. Sometimes, I will make certain dishes and he proclaims that I should be a chef! Talk about a boost to my ego!

~Austin always tries to make sure that I hug and kiss him before either one of us leave the house. Sometimes, he is almost out the door to go to school and he will turn around to get his hug and kiss. Again, this will not last forever, so I will enjoy it.

~Austin has a great sense of humor. Adam's teacher is a Redskins fan. I found a Redskins folding chair and bought it for him as an end of the year gift. Austin said, "What would happen if we had the Redskins cover, but inside was a Cowboys chair?" Mike just told him that would be a cruel joke, which is true. However, I am not a football fan, so I kind of thought that it might be funny. :)

There are so many things that I love about Austin. These are a few that I just jotted down. God blessed me when he allowed me to be Austin's mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment