Wednesday, December 30, 2009

it made me wonder

Leading up to Christmas, we used a new advent calendar. This Calendar is actually 24 little books that give a little of the Christmas story each day. When you are done reading the book, it has a string to use it as an ornament on the tree. Towards the end of this process, Austin decided that he wanted to read some of the books. On day 23 he was reading. The book says, "'Fear not," says the angel of the Lord....' I was not looking over his shoulder when he was reading, but I was listening to him. When he got to this particular part, I heard, ""Fear not," says the eagle of the Lord..." I had to stop him and correct him. Then we had a good laugh about the Christmas eagle. :)

**********************************************************

Yesterday I was making pancakes for breakfast. Adam walked by the kitchen and said, "Mommy, I'm going to the bathroom. I just don't want you to worry." I laughed to myself and thought, I wouldn't have worried, but now I'm wondering if I should.

**********************************************************

My sister, Lana, just had a baby 11 days ago. The boys have made some statements lately that have really made me wonder...

1. Lana and Grace needed to stay in the hospital one extra day, for observation. Adam heard this and asked if they were putting the baby back in. (Lana heard this and said, "OUCH!")

2.Yesterday, Austin commented several times that Lana should have another baby in her tummy, maybe even twins! (give the poor girl a little time!!)

3. The boys have been crawling on the floor saying "gaa gaa goo goo" then they say "this is what baby Grace does." Little do they realize, at this point baby Grace does NOTHING!

4. Austin was just here, and read #1. He then asked, "why did Lana say ouch?" (Oh my!!)

I think they have a little to learn before reaching parenthood!

No comments:

Post a Comment