Wednesday, January 6, 2010

He's always listening

Adam has eczema on his legs. Lately, I noticed some bumps on his eczema spots. I called the nurse at the Dr.'s office and she suggested that I bring him in to look at it. Today was his appointment. It turned out that the bumps were molescium contagiosum (the spelling may not be correct.) (it is a virus that takes care of itself in time. )

While I was there I asked the Dr. about his weight. I weighed him the other day and found that he had only gained about 1 pound in the past year. That seemed alarming to me. The Dr. was not concerned. I asked if I should be giving him some sort of supplemental drink. He said that they generally do not taste good, but I could always add ice cream to it and make a milk shake.

During this time, Adam is crawling around the room looking at things and I thought he was not paying a bit of attention to our conversation.

We came home and had supper. He asked for dessert. I gave him the half of the ice cream bar that he had not eaten the night before. Not too long after this, he comes upstairs and said he wanted dessert. I said, "Adam, you just had ice cream. I really think that is enough." He said to me, "Mom, the Dr. said I should eat ice cream for my weight. That was my weight dessert. Now, I want my real dessert."

What a problem to have!! And, what a rude awakening he will have when he realizes that he is not allowed to have 2 desserts, just because of his weight!

No comments:

Post a Comment