Saturday, January 16, 2010

Time for a change

When Austin was 2, and Adam was on the way, he moved out of the "nursery" and into the "big boy room." I found this construction border and had Mike paint blue above and a light brown below. Then my sister, Lana, came and add a special touch to the brown to make it look like dirt. She dabbed it on with a crumpled up plastic bag. I loved the effect it gave the brown.


In this bedroom and in our (Mike's and mine) there is UGLY, green shag carpet. I'm almost sure that this is original with the house, seeing it was built in the 60's. This carpet is HORRIBLE! So, for my Christmas gift, Mike agreed to let me have the carpet replaced. Of course, that also means painting, and hopefully working on the curtains as well.

I started working on removing the border on Christmas day. After the excitement of gifts were over, and we were at a lull, I started to work. It took me almost 2 weeks, and several declarations that I will NEVER do anything like wallpaper again or WHAT WAS I THINKING?!?, but it was finished. My Dad came to the painting for the new and improved room.

Today, he came and did the orange. Austin wanted blue and orange. He wanted a darker blue, but as little as his room is, I told him that would not work, it would only make it feel smaller. I think this turned out pretty nicely--thanks, Dad!

There is a reason that I only took a picture of the corner. The carpet has not been done yet, and the whole room is torn apart!! Whenever someone walks in there, I hope and pray that they do not break their neck! I hope to get a finished picture when everything is done and in place.


Now, on to our room...

2 comments:

  1. I am excited to see the finished room too. I know it is coming soon. The orange looks good. It will be such a good feeling when it is done. Mamaw Betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're in the process of removing wallpaper border from our bathroom. It's a horribly difficult process, so I feel your pain! It's exciting though to see a transformed room. :)

    By the way, I like your blog look for January. I'd better tell you that before you change it next month. :) You are learning so much and doing great with this!

    ReplyDelete