Tuesday, June 22, 2010

What War?

Saturday we had the boys birthday party. Austin's friend's mother came to pick him up. We were in the backyard talking to her. Carol came out with a container to watermelon for the kids to eat, and joined our conversation. A little while later, we looked at the container, then on the ground. There was watermelon everywhere! Adam was passing by as we noticed this, so we asked, "What on earth is going on?" He replied, "They started the Silver War, so we needed watermelon for ammo."

At that point I wondered:
Should I be upset for the watermelon food fight?
Should I be happy they are using their imaginations?
Should I be glad they are trying to re-enact a war??? History, right?

I decided not to be upset, and just tuck away the information that if I hear of a Silver War coming--I'm getting a Watermelon!

1 comment:

  1. Well we have about four or five growing in our back yard. We should be good on ammo for awhile.

    ReplyDelete