Friday, June 4, 2010

It Came From a Book

We have book on our bookshelf. In one half of the book is the story of Alice in Wonderland, then if you turn the book over and upside down, is the story of Peter Pan. I remember this book being on the bookshelf at home as a child. I think I must have been under 3 when it was given to us, because inside it says to Carol and Amy (Lana must not have been in the family yet). As many years as this book was around, I don't think I ever read it.

Recently, my boys became interested in Alice in Wonderland. I found the book and read it to them. I wondered at times how much they really got out of the story. That is until yesterday...

Yesterday I was walking up the stairs from the basement. I could hear Adam saying, "Off with their heads!" I was pretty sure I knew where this came from, but wanted to check. Adam said, "That is what the Queen says in Alice in Wonderland."

I guess the positives are, 1. He was listening to the book 2. He got something out of the book 3. He took what he got out of the book and put it to play. (I know that sounds crazy, but I think it is a stage of learning)

Now, I only wonder, how long will I be hearing, "Off with their heads!" ?

2 comments:

  1. Love it!! Funny thing is - I don't think I ever read that book either! I'm glad it's finally getting some good use.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read that book and I suggest that when you do read it you do not have the flu or a lot of medications in your system...it is weird enough already!

    ReplyDelete