Sunday, June 27, 2010

Chef In The Making...

...but the service needs work!

Friday was the last day for the enrichment program that the boys were in. To end Austin's class we got an invitation to come and have lunch, with our child that was prepared by our child. I got there with Adam and we sat down, we were a tiny bit late. Everyone at our table had their appetizers. Austin finally brought us some food, but no plate. My friend was sitting across the table from us, and she was done, so she offer us her plate.

I noticed that everyone at our table had daughters. Then I noticed that they were all coming and taking their parents order. I sat...and waited...and sat...and waited. Finally, Austin came with a plate full of food! He sat down and looked at me, he was ready to dig in. I asked, "Are you going to get me a plate?" He said, "Oh, yea..." So, he ran off. When he came back he returned with an EMPTY plate. I told him, "I meant a plate FULL of food." He decided that it would be okay for us to share. So he gave me 2 bites of quiche, a quarter of a piece of bread with honey butter, I did not get any of the salad-except for the few items that he deemed to yucky to eat.

The people I sat with were giggling about this, I did find that this was kind of funny. The girls certainly did their service in a much different way than Austin did!

Service or not, Austin learned a lot this week. He had fun, and that is the most important thing!

2 comments: