Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Camping

We went camping this weekend. Friday, the boys and I got out to the campsite a little before supper. The boys had time to look around, ride their bikes, and go to the stream while I put up the tent.


While exploring the grounds, Adam found this bear...


...and just had to have his picture taken with it!

Saturday, we went for a hike to go to the mountain swing. We were almost to the swing and Adam got bit by some kind of bee. (I had never seen a bee quite like that one!)


He was hurting pretty badly, but was still able to have his turn on the swing before we went back down.


Austin had his turn and hammed it up for the camera!



Adam and I walked down the mountain and put some ice on his bite. Once it leveled off, I gave him a piggy back ride, since it was still hurting.

One of the best things about camping it fixing your food over a fire! The boys were so excited to roast hot dogs.


Saturday night, Mike entertained the kids while we sat around the fire. He had a system that had little cartoon clips put to songs. The kids loved it.


We had a great weekend. But, it sure was nice to come home and sleep in my bed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment