Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The New Game

Mike bought a new game for the boys. It is called (and I am not kidding) Scabs~N~Guts. This game is facts about the human body. One of my thoughts after seeing this game was, "I have boys, this game would not be in the house if I had girls." Oh Well.... Mike played a round with the boys before bed tonight. I really found it interesting.

Some of the questions are about the body, how it functions, or names of different parts. However, some are not so serious. Adam got a question, "How do you deal with homesickness?" His choices were: a) take something with you from home, b)eating worms, or c)staying home. Adam choose "c," which of course was not right. So, Mike explained that the correct answer was "a" taking something from home. Adam's eyes lit up and he said, "I know, JESUS!" Mike was not sure what to say because that was not what the game meant, but he was right.

The game was about to end, and both boys landed on the same spot. Mike said, "this might be a good time to stop, then we can call it a tie." The boys were determined that they had to finish. Mike asked each boy how they would feel if they did not win. Austin said he would not be sad. Adam, however, said, "I will be sad, but only an inch." Hmmmm....that is a new one! Measuring feelings by inches. Only Adam!

No comments:

Post a Comment