Wednesday, June 16, 2010

This Time of Year is Great For...

POPSICLES!!


They are cool and refreshing after a long, hot day! The boys have certainly enjoyed them.


What are popsicles good for??


Turning your tongue colors, of course! Austin had a red popsicle, so he had a very red tongue and lips. Adam had a multi-flavor popsicle, so his tongue turned a funny shade of brown--I'm sure it was tasty, none the less.

This year we are trying something new:

PUMPKIN!

Last fall, we had a small pumpkin on our table. When it was time to get rid of the pumpkin, the boys came up with the idea to save the seeds and plant them so we would have more pumpkins this year. I did this, whole heartedly!

I saved the seeds. Then I even composted the dirt (I learned more about composting in the past 7 months than I ever thought I would). Then about a month ago, we planted the seeds. We have watched, watered, and tried to protect these plants from the bunnies. (I have something like milk crates over them while they are small) Adam and I have been measuring the leaves, so we can see how much they have grown. We started this when the leaves were almost as big as his hand. Today we saw...


Our leaves are bigger than his hand. This has been a fun learning experience for all of us. I do hope we get at least 1 pumpkin out of it!

1 comment:

  1. Yay Pumpkin! I hope ours grow as nicely as yours. We certainly go through pumpkin fast in this house.

    ReplyDelete