Thursday, July 1, 2010

One Year Ago Today....

....I started blogging!

At that time, I was enjoying reading my sister's blog, my friend, Davene's blog, and a few others that I had come across, along the way. I was not thinking of starting one for myself. It seemed that they had so many interesting things to write, what on earth would I write about??

Davene, had made several suggestions that I should start one. I would always think, "yeah, yeah..." Then when I decided to give it a try, I had to come up with a name. Lana got really excited about this. I remember her calling me, and having all sorts of names that she would run by me. I would nix them all. It would not be too long, and she was calling me with some new suggestions. Then I suggested something like, "The Joys Of My Boys." But then I thought better of that because I wasn't sure that all my posts would be about joys. That is when I came up with "Moments With My Boys." That can pretty much cover anything!

Now, I wondered, "What am I going to write about. Just because I have a blog set up, doesn't mean that interesting things are going to happen." I don't know anything overly interesting has happened over the past year, but I have found this to be a great way to document little moments of my boys lives. I had been journaling before, but would only write about once a month... if I remembered. I think a lot of little moments were lost while I was doing that. This way I document what is going on, and I do it more regularly. Often, I think, nobody will find this post interesting. But, it may be something that their future wives will enjoy one day.

So, one year, and 208 posts later, I am enjoying this process.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your blogiversary! :) I'm SO GLAD you started blogging!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that you blog, especially since I am not in town anymore. I still get to hear all of these little stories, and see lots of pictures. Love your header for the month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad that I am blogging. One day I will have to learn how to order a printed book. Lana, I think you hear most of these stories beforehand, but I try to put pictures in so you can "see" what I am talking about.

    I did think after this post, blogging really opens you up to show all your idiosyncrasies to the world :)

    ReplyDelete