Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Boy Milk Or Girl Milk

We are having a very hot, very dry summer. We have some pumpkins planted in our backyard. They seem to be doing well, but with the hot and the dry, I worry that they might not get watered enough. Last night as I was laying in bed, I thought, " I know! I'll take empty milk containers, fill them with water, and poke a hole in the bottom. Then place it by the pumpkin plants. That way they will continually get a little bit of water!

This morning, Adam and I decided we would do this. I told Adam to go out to the recycling bin and get some milk containers (gallon size). (Let me just say here that I do not always buy my milk at the same store. Some stores have different color lids than others) Adam came back into the house and held out a milk jug with a blue lid, and asked, "Did the milk that was in here come from a boy cow..." then he held out a jug with a pink lid, and continued, "...and the milk in here from a girl cow?" I chuckled and explained that all milk comes from girl cows.

He is a city boy--no question!

No comments:

Post a Comment