Saturday, July 10, 2010

11 Years Ago...

11 years ago today I did not...
~Say good-bye to my mother and father in-law before 7am.

~Sneak to my room to read while the boys played with Lego's.

~Clean up muddy boys after they had a mud fight.

~Take the boys to the tennis court near our house to hit balls. (Austin played more of racquetball, and Adam played more of baseball--but we had fun!)

~Try to think of a way to lift my pumpkins off the ground (found that bricks work great).

~I did not think, "Oh, I forgot to give Austin his allergy medicine before bed, I better try to do that in the morning."

However, these are things that I did today.

11 years ago...


Mike and I were young and in love (still in love, not quite as young). We were happily married at 1 in the afternoon. Had supper at my parents with Mike's parents and some of my parents friends that helped out with the wedding. Then we all came to our house and we opened our gifts. Then Mike and I went on our way.

Mike and I had no idea on our wedding day what adventures we would have in the first 11 years. We have enjoyed the good adventures and, together, we have gotten through the no so good adventures.

We are older, wiser, and looking forward to the adventures in the next 11 years (and more).

No comments:

Post a Comment