Thursday, July 1, 2010

On Thing Leads To Another

A few months ago, Mom came over and was helping me do some cleaning. She pointed out some areas that seemed concerning about my refrigerator. My refrigerator does have some age on it. Several years ago, I called the company to ask them a question, and they said that it was already several years out of it life expectancy, at that point. I had been waiting for my fridge to die, and that just was not seeming to happen. I talked to Mike, and we decided to look into getting a new refrigerator.

We went on a date and the main focus was....Refrigerator shopping!! I thought that I had a pretty normal size refrigerator, however I soon discovered that out of the 3 places we went to, to look, we had a choice of 2. The 1 I did not like at all, the other I could clearly look over. I think it came to the bridge of my nose--not a top choice. Apparently, when our house was built, they put in fridges that were only slightly bigger than a dorm fridge (might be a slight exaggeration, but I was frustrated!!)

I found another place that sold appliances, and they said they could order one for us that would fit, I liked the layout, and it had all the factors that we wanted. I was happy.

Then I got to thinking. The guys are going to install this for us. I do not want to move the fridge in a year or so, to re-do the floor. (We have had a problem with our ice maker since we moved here 11 years ago. I don't want to move the fridge for fear that something may come undone and we would be back to the same problem!) So, again, I talked to Mike and we decided to take care of the flooring problem.

We went and picked out the new flooring.


Wednesday, Mike and Dad, (I helped a little) took up the old...


Then they started to put down the new...


I think I looks great. I am anxious to wash, and get rid of some of the sticky spots. Mike needs to do under the fridge today, then next week we can have the fridge delivered.
I wonder what else this could lead to.

1 comment: