Friday, July 16, 2010

Slip~Slidin Away

Yesterday, we went to the water park! I would have loved to get pictures, but my camera is not waterproof!

We had so much fun! Mike and Austin went off to the tube slides first thing!! Adam and I did some of the indoor slides, and activities. I decided that I was going to let the boys call the shots at the water park. They got to decide where they wanted us to go. After a while, Adam decided he wanted to go outside.

There is one slide outside that I do not like. Adam and I were talking and he said he really liked the one I don't care for. I told him I would not go on it with him. He grabbed a mat (one you have to have to go down the slide) and said, "You wait here mom, I'll be back in a little." And off he went. I watch my dear boy walk to get in line, go up the stairs, and watched him come down-all by himself! I have to realize that my boys are growing up!

After a couple of hours, Mike and I switched boys. It was nice to have to time to play with Austin and see what he enjoyed at the park.

My mother loves this water park! Carol told me that she would go up to the tube slides and announce to the attendant that it may take her a little longer to get on the slide, because she is 67! I wonder how many people announce their ages to the attendants...

When we got home it was almost bedtime, for the boys. They were exhausted! I was too, but I wanted to have some time for me before I went to bed.

We all had a wonderful time slippin, and slidin, and playing in the water. When should we do it again?

2 comments:

  1. Maybe Grace and I can join you all. Not for the slippin and slidin, but maybe for some splashin :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that place! It's so funny to think of your mom going on those slides. :)

    ReplyDelete