Monday, May 3, 2010

There Are So Many Differences....

...between a 6 year old and an 8 year old. But, the one I noticed most recently is...how they deal with surprises.

A few weeks ago, I asked Austin what he did with one of his teachers at school. He said, "we worked on something." When I prodded him further, I found out that they were working on a surprise for me, for Mother's Day. He told me, "I not telling." I did not want him to tell me. I want to enjoy the surprise. I was really proud of him being able to keep this surprise to himself, for now.

Today, I asked Adam what he did today with his Speech teacher. He said, "I worked on a Mother's Day surprise for you. Here is a clue: It starts with C." I guessed some C words. Then he said, "Here is another clue: It's made out of paper....Let me give you another one: It has decorations." Not satisfied that I was not "getting" it he continued, "Here is another clue: It's folded in half.....Okay, the last clue is that it has a butterfly." I told him I can't wait to see my paper cookie that has decorations and a butterfly that is folded in half...those are my favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment