Thursday, May 27, 2010

May Day 2010

Today was May Day at the boys school. I remember May Day from when I went to this school some years ago. It was a fun day, one of my favorite days out of the school year. I have to say I think the boys enjoy May Day just about as much as I did.

They have some new traditions now, but it only adds to the fun. One of the new things is that they set off a May Day rocket.

And this is the one day out of the year that they gym teacher brings his buggy to school, in order to go after the rocket, of course. :)

The boys did think do ask me to bring hats. That did help in keeping the sun out of their eyes! Adam had the bill of this hat pulled down so far that he actually had to tilt his head back in order to see.

2nd graders did the Virginia Reel. They all got lined up ready to start their dance. Austin is the one with the red shirt and blue hat.


Then they started their dance. Austin apparently means business when they say to sashy your partner!

Adam's class did the chicken dance. The boy on the right is Adam best buddy this year, Nick. Today was Nick's last day, as they are moving away. We were very sad to see him go.


Then everyone was invited down to the field to do "singing in the rain" I stopped long enough to get a picture of Adam doing this. I wanted a picture of Austin as well, but could not find him :)
May Day is just as fun now as it was about 25 years ago. It is really fun seeing my boys enjoy these fun days!

1 comment:

  1. I think for May Day we used to set off balloons with our address on them. The rocket is probably much easier and also not so prone to littering the neighborhood.
    What fun, I miss May Day!

    ReplyDelete