Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Piano Recital

About 7 weeks ago Austin started taking piano lessons. He has learned so much and come so far in this 7 weeks. Last night was the spring piano recital.

Austin had some fun songs to play. He played a version of "It's a small world after all." The other songs were not songs I was familiar with, but they were fun for him to play.

What I did not know, was that 2 of the songs were duets with his teacher.

Before he went on stage, I encouraged him to mindful of his finger placement. He had been placing his left hand on the wrong keys at home. When he was done playing he came back and said, "I made some mistakes." I told him, "that is okay, you went up there and tried your best."

He has some songs he can practice over the summer. He is really interested in a violin program at the school, if they have it. If they don't he may be interested in doing another year of piano. I am so glad that he is showing some musical interest.

Austin, you did great! I am so proud of you!

1 comment:

  1. Good job Austin! I wish we lived closer so that I could have seen you at your recital. Maybe in the future we can hear you play.

    ReplyDelete