Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day Poem

Austin has been working on his hand writing this year. One teacher took him under her wing and started with him twice a week before school.

One day in March I asked him what he was doing with this teacher. He said, "We are working on something for Mother's Day, and I won't tell you." I never asked about it again.

Austin hid the surprise in Mike's room to make sure that I wouldn't accidentally find it. We got busy over the weekend, and they never made it to school to get the surprise.

Monday, when I went to get the boys, Austin was very anxious to get this and give it to me. He ran to Mike's room and then realized that he had taken it out to the car. Then we was in a hurry to get out there and get his hands on it, to give it to me.

This teacher had taught Austin how to make a flower.




Austin was so proud of this. He kept telling me, "it is only 1 tissue, and 1 pipe cleaner." I'm not exactly sure how they did this, but it is beautiful!

He also had a big poster board. There is a lovely drawing on it, and a poem. Austin chose the poem and copied it onto paper. He did it in such neat handwriting!

Here is the peom he chose:



Why God Made Little Boys


God made little boys it seems,

to answer every parents dreams.

For expectations are begun

when He sends down a little son.

A son to teach the golden rule,

to watch as he goes off to school.

To marvel at his happy face,

every time he wins a race.

Playing tricks and funny pranks,

learning to say "please"and "thanks."

Yes, God brings parents endless pleasure,

when He sends a little boy to treasure.


What a great poem! I had tears in my eyes as we left the school. I love, love, love this gift. It was well worth the wait!

1 comment:

  1. I love that poem. And to have Austin work so hard at writing it so nicely for you just makes it mean so much more.

    ReplyDelete