Friday, March 12, 2010

A Treehouse Within

Yesterday afternoon was another beautiful day. The boys came home from school and decided it was a good time to go and dig. I sent Mike out with the camera to capture a picture of this wonderful hole that the boys are continually working on.

I noticed that the boys then started to play a bit in the treehouse. Mike got some good pictures of that as well. You can see the treehouse so much better in the winter, when there are not leaves. The boys do have hours of fun around this tree!

Austin came in to work on homework. A while later Mike and Adam followed. They handed me the camera, so I could see what Adam had been working on. I really wasn't sure what I was looking at, but they explained it to me.

Adam, apparently, gathered a bunch of sticks out of the yard. (That saved Mike a lot of time come mowing season!) He then took them into the treehouse.


He arranged them very neatly once in the treehouse. These sticks are to provide somewhat of a disguise for the treehouse. He was trying to create a treehouse that was hidden by a "tree".

Pretty clever, I'd say!


3 comments:

  1. I want a tree house like that! But seeing that all of our trees are 10 years old or younger, they are too small for that. That is the coolest tree house ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey that does look like fun... What is the grey tube in the treehouse? Do they talk through it or drop balls down or something else?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lana, you know that you can bring your kids over ANY time!!

    Dan, our boys really do have a lot of fun in this treehouse. The tube is suppose to be a "talking tube" much like a telephone-and it does work that way. However, they have been known to shoot balls out of it, and other toys have gotten stuck in it. My husband has had to take parts of it apart in order to remove toys. That is a small price to pay for the fun they have!

    ReplyDelete