Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Habits

Yesterday Mike was able to have a good bit of time to turn the VHS tapes of the boys into DVD's. It was so fun to see the boys at 3 and 1 again (however, I am glad that we are at the stages we are at!).

One of the segments that I was able to watch was of Austin in front of the church singing with the children's department. I noticed that he kept rubbing his face with the back of his hand during this time. I have known that he has this habit for a while, but I did not realize that it started when he was 3.

Then last night, as he was eating his ice cream, and I was cleaning up the dishes, I saw him doing it again. Then it hit me! He reminds me of my Grandma (my mom's mom) when he does that! I got on the phone to call my mom to ask if I was remember this correctly. Grandma would rub the back of her hand over her nose and mouth. Austin has just expanded it to his whole face and sometimes his hair!

I did not know my Grandma very well. She lived a fairly long distance from us. I remember twice when we made the 3 day drive to their place. I did see her more than the two times, but those are the only two I remember. Apparently, I remember a trait of hers!

I have mentioned in my blog before how Austin looks so much like Mike and has mannerisms like Mike, and from time to time I will catch a picture that has an expression just like Mike's mom. As it turns out, he may have just a little of my side as well (I'm glad it was a trait that I could place!)

No comments:

Post a Comment