Friday, March 5, 2010

Shopping at Glen's

Not too long ago, Austin saw an advertisement on TV for Glen's Fair Price. Glen's Fair Price is a hard store to describe. They have absolutely EVERYTHING! but at the same time, I can go there and find NOTHING I need! I will say that it is an interesting store.

He was sure he had to go there! He had been asking Mike when they could go. Mike tried to take him one day, but did not realize that the store closed at 5. Austin was devastated! Mike promised that they would go in the next couple of days. Yesterday was the day!

From what I understand (since I was not there) is that they went in the store and were looking around. Mike told the boys they could each pick 1 thing under a certain price. The lady at the cash register heard this and said, "In that case, I will show you downstairs." Downstairs they have a fairly big room of old things that have not sold over the years. The boys had so much fun looking at all the toys and things they had.

Austin chose a policeman's hat. I think he looks very cute in it. (Austin had a hard time knowing how to smile in this picture. His front tooth is so loose that it sort of sits on his lip--I'm not sure if that is totally intentional or not. But, that is the reason for him smiling like that.)

Adam chose to get a blue Batman mask and cape. I was kind of glad to see this because we have a black set just like it. Last Sunday at church we were told that the kids had been talking about superheros--somehow relating it to the Bible stories. Since Sunday will be the last Sunday they are talking about this, they are having a Superhero party and can come in capes. We only had 1--until now :)


Last night, I put Adam to bed and later went in to check on him. This is what I found...

He really seems to be fond of his choice!

The boys had so much fun, they were asking to go again today. I really think that this one trip is enough for a while!

2 comments:

  1. That is a neat hat for Austin. Adam now really likes his or is planning some wild mysterious dream. I'm not sure what Batman does. He really is asleep. How funny about both boys. Love Mamaw Betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though Glen's is a neat store, it is way too much for me to shop in it. I think that you made a good choice of having Mike take the boys.

    ReplyDelete