Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Signs of Spring!

For most people, the signs of spring may be warmer weather, hearing the birds sing, longer days, and flowers starting to who signs that they will bloom. While I enjoy all of these things there are two things that I love about spring even more! My boys being able to play OUTSIDE!!

Today was absolutely beautiful! The boys and I had a nice walk home from school. Then they were able to play outside for awhile before it started to cool down. Adam found a nice long stick that he carried around for some time. When I went out to check on him, I saw an inch worm in the driveway. That added a whole new level of fun! Adam strategically placed pieces of bark, a few gravels, the long stick to make a wonderful obstacle course for the worm.

He kept a close eye on him, until he came in and said, "the worm went into his home." I guess that was the end of their play date.

As for Austin, He somehow always ends up doing the same thing. He has done this one thing for YEARS, and still loves it!

Let me start by saying we have a wonderful tree in our backyard. I think our whole family would cry if anything happened to this tree. It has the fantastic treehouse that Mike built. It has a swinging horse, a talking tube, and a rope swing. Most often when the boys go out to play, they play at the tree. The thing that Austin loves most about the tree, is the great dirt patch under it! Austin will go out and dig, and dig and dig! Today, he found a worm and said, "Mamaw would not like that!" I had to think how well he knew his Mamaw!

I did not get any pictures of him digging, but I did get one that is surely a sign a spring! Look at those dirt marks on his pants. I don't know any better sign of spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment