Tuesday, December 22, 2009

moving on...

Adam has had a crush on a girl named Lucy for over 2 years. He even gave her a ring this past summer so that they would be "married." It even go the point that Adam would ask people if they were married, then he would proceed to tell them that he was married to Lucy. She has moved and now lives 2 hours away. Adam was stilled determined that he was going to end up with he. (Just a side note: Lucy is a very sweet, cute girl. I just don't think at 6 Adam is ready to make such a decision!)

The other evening at supper I mentioned that someone was a cute girl (I don't even remember who I was talking about). Adam pipes up and says, "Hailey in my class is a cute girl." I have to say I found relief in that statement. I think he may be moving on from Lucy. A few days after he said this, his class went on a field trip to the firehouse. At one point, they had to sit down. Some of the chairs could hold 2 children. I did notice that Adam went directly to sit with Hailey. I am by no means saying that he must marry this girl!! I am just glad that he is moving on from his preschool crush, and I am thrilled that he is friends with both boys AND girls in his class. (Since then he has also said that Rebecca is cute--I find this humorous because the teacher says they have disagreements about the crayons a lot!)

Lucy, you are a sweet girl, but I think my Adam has moved on...

No comments:

Post a Comment