Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Adam's prayer

As I put Adam to bed, he will often say a little prayer, and then I will pray. Usually, Adam says, "Dear Jesus, Thank you for this day, Thank you for a loving family and cute little boys." (wonder where he heard the cute little boys part? :) Tonight, however, he added something new that was unexpected. He said, "Dear Jesus, Thank you for this day, Thank you for a CHRISTIAN family..." My first thought was, WOW! I'm glad he is thankful for this. At the same time, I wonder if he really knows what he is being thankful for. He has never known anything else.

I remember being in Elementary School (it would have been between K-2 from the school I remember this in) thinking that because I was a Christian then everyone was a Christian. With him being 6 and in Kindergarten (in a public school), I'm sure there are not heavy religious conversations around the cafeteria lunch table. But, I can be sure that not all of the kids in his class are Christians.

Kids are very perceptive! I'm glad that he knows that we are Christians!

2 comments:

  1. Kids pick up on a lot more than we think that they do. And whether he knows exactly what he is saying...he knows the words and will gain more understanding with the wonderful teachings that he is getting from his church and family.

    ReplyDelete