Sunday, December 6, 2009

The breaking of bread

Saturday, Mom baked several loaves of bread. She placed the bread on a rack, then placed it on a picnic type bench in the back room of their house. The bread was cooling, and we were all anxious to have a piece of fresh, hot out of the oven bread. When we looked in the back room, we saw this. He looks innocent enough, right?Then, Lana looked a little closer, and asked Mom, "is your bread suppose to look like that?" The loaf beside Adam looked like...

I grabbed to camera, because I could not believe how much was gone.

Then I had to capture a picture of him in the act.

Later, we took the loaf of bread to find that it had been dug out! We wondered how one little boy could eat that much bread. It later came out that Mike and Matt had done their fair share of nibbling, too.

We then joked that he needed some grape juice and he could have had communion.

I do think that Adam ate most of the bread, this is due to the fact that he did not eat much lunch after all that!

I'd like to make a note here: Mom laughed about this!! I'm glad she could see humor in this!

2 comments:

  1. You have to admit, the bread did taste wonderful! I do not blame Adam for digging in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a grandmother I just laughed it off. Had it been years ago that you girls would have done that, well I might not have laughed it off. But we get a bit soft as grandmother. What can you say--he really was enjoying it. Betty

    ReplyDelete