Tuesday, December 8, 2009

White Christmas



I'm dreaming of a white Christmas
Just like the ones I used to know
Where the treetops glisten and children listen
To hear sleigh bells in the snow



I think everyone has heard this song. And this time of year, if you turn on the radio, you will hear it several times in a very short period of time.

I have to say, I do not remember having many white Christmas' growing up. I seemed to always think that in this area we didn't get snow until January or February. However, I did have a white Christmas at my in-law's a few years ago. And, unexpectedly, again this year.

My family celebrated Christmas this past weekend. This was primarily due to the fact that Lana is due to have a baby this month. This will be the last trip they make up here as a couple. Next time they come, they will be a family of 3. We were so glad that we could have this holiday celebration with them.

We got about 5 inches of snow on Saturday. It was nice to have the boys (big and small) outside playing while we prepared for the meal. It made for a lot of extra clothes to dry, but it was worth it! While outside, the boys built an igloo out of snow. We bought a snow brick maker the other year, so they enjoyed using that to make bricks to build the igloo.


The igloo was big enough for the boys to be in there. In this picture, Adam is in the igloo.

The boys were exhausted from all the playing. Adam even fell asleep between supper and desert. He woke up afraid that he missed the gift opening. (He did get to bed late Friday night because of the parade, this was an exhausting weekend for him)

Years down the road, the boys may not remember their "White Christmas," but it was fun to have snow on our Christmas day.

No comments:

Post a Comment