Wednesday, December 9, 2009

I'm wondering why...

I thought it would be a good idea to have the boys help me make Christmas cards.

I brought paint and Christmas cookie cutters home from work. Austin and I stamped the cookie cutter shapes onto paper. Adam had very little interest in doing this. After the stamps dried, I told the boys that they could color the shapes.

Adam really enjoyed this part of the project. He would do one and ask, "Mommy, is it beautiful?" He really did a good job!

Austin helped with this part too. However, his pictures were a little less serious.


Somehow, I don't think this one will make it on a card!

We had such a good time, I didn't realize how late it was. Adam was up past his bedtime, and Austin should have been doing his reading (he did stay up and get that done!).

At some points this evening, I wondered why I was doing all this when I could run out and buy some. But, buying the cards does not give me the giggles and fun I had tonight with my boys

No comments:

Post a Comment