Thursday, November 19, 2009

Say that again

A few weeks ago, I took Adam to the Doctor for his 6 year check up. They had a questionnaire about heart health. Some of this was about family and their heart health. I filled out the questionnaire, and discussed it with the Doctor. I explained that Mike's Dad had a heart attack (10 years ago), and his Mom had a stint (about 3 years ago). Then I continued that my Dad has had strokes (not on the form, but still felt it was valid information) So, we decided to go ahead and get some fasting blood work on the boys for a good baseline. A few days later, I took the boys into the out patient center to have their blood drawn. On the way there, they were wondering why they needed to do this. I did my best to explain the situation. I then took them home, got them ready for school, and they were out the door. I really did not think that the little band-aids on their arms would be a problem, so I let them keep them on. Austin, apparently, got to school and showed his teacher the "war wound." She asked him, "what is that for?" Austin answered, "My Grandpa had a heart attack, so I had to give blood." She was a bit confused and asked me about it when I came in later.

He kind of had it right, but left a few details out.

No comments:

Post a Comment