Saturday, November 28, 2009

Have you ever lost a child...

...and not known it?

This has happened to me twice since school started. Both times, Adam was the missing child.

A few months ago, Austin went up to Mike's room after school, but Adam was not with him. Following on his heels was Mr. Kline, Adam's teacher. He was wondering if Adam was up in Mike's room, he wasn't! Mike sent his 4th graders in pairs to search the school for Adam and they started their hunt. As it turned out, someone was testing a sound system in the cafeteria. To test this system they were playing a movie. Adam decided to hunker down in a corner and watch the movie.

The second time was Wednesday. I was home packing things up for our trip. The phone rang, it was Adam's friend's mother. She asked if I was wondering were Adam was. I told her that I was waiting for him to come home with Mike. She said, " He rode the bus to our house, my husband is putting him back on, and they bus driver will take him back to school." I could not believe this. Mike had his 4th graders, again, searching the school for Adam. When I asked Adam why he went on the bus he said, "Nick asked me to come over to play with his new Lego game." I was really surprised that the bus driver would let him on the bus without a note.

It is not a good feeling to know that my child goes missing. Thanks goodness for his guardian angel who keeps him safe. That angel has a full time job!

1 comment:

  1. Amy, Adam may just give you gray hair! He keeps life exciting and everyone on their toes. Mr. Kline has now got to know both Adam and Austin. Wonder if Adam's a challenge for
    him? Mamaw Betty

    ReplyDelete