Monday, November 30, 2009

The homework can wait

Usually, this time of year, the Kiser women start to talk about cookie day. That is when we all get together and have a day of making cookies. This year, however, is a bit different. With Lana due to have a baby in December, we are having to come up with creative ways to get our usual holiday activites done. Matt and Lana are coming this weekend, and we are going to celebrate Christmas/ Thanksgiving. We were going to add cookie day in there, but decided it was way too much. As a result, we are having a cookie exchange instead. I decided to make some peanut butter blossoms, since I had the kisses on hand. Austin got very excited about this. (Now, on a normal day, I want him to start his homework RIGHT after supper. This allows for a little play time before he needs to go to bed. Today was different!) I let Austin help with the cookies. We had a nice time making cookies, talking, and I enjoyed seeing him learn something new. (We did spelling words while I washed dishes)

Here he is hard at work!

The end result!

It was nice to do something out of the ordinary with him.

Note to Mrs. Say: I know you read my blog, please know that Austin is upstairs counting money and reading with Mike. We did get all the homework done! He did, however, want to give you a plate of cookies--I had to tell him that they were not gluten free, so we better not. I guess he was at least thinking of you!

2 comments:

  1. The cookies look yummy! I can not wait to dig in. I am still thinking of what cookies to make. I think I have one kind decided, I will let you know tomorrow what kinds I will make.

    ReplyDelete