Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Breakfast talk

This morning, I was talking with my boys as we were eating our breakfast. Adam asked when Thanksgiving was. I told him, then he said, "Thanksgiving is like Trick or Treating without the costumes. You go to one house and eat, then go to another house and eat." (I had never thought of that way, but he has a point.) I told the boys our plans for Thanksgiving, then told them that following that we would have Thanksgiving/Christmas/Cookie Day because Matt and Lana would be in town and this would be the last visit until the baby comes. That led to a conversation about the hospital that Lana is going to have the baby in, would it be in our town? is it only for mothers and babies? I did my best to explain the way that I thought the hospital might be, and no, they would not have their baby here, they would go to a hospital near their house. At that point, I looked at Adam, I can see the wheels turning in his head. Then he pointed asks, "How are they going to get the baby out, without hurting Lana?" (Now, let me insert here, that of all the ways that I ever thought we might have this conversation, it was NEVER over breakfast!!) I tried the explanation of, the Doctor will be there to help Lana. Adam says, "how?" I tried to think how to make this age appropriate, and decent breakfast conversation. So, I responded, "That God has provided a special opening for the baby to come out." Adam, still thinking, said, "Oh, I know they use a fervager." "A What??" Then, Austin explains to me that he meant a "Massager." They then told me that they use the massager and the baby wiggles right out. (Now, wouldn't that be nice? Get a massage and the baby is born!) By this time, I had to start getting ready, so I just said, "Not exactly, but you are always thinking!!"

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that I am thought of and talked about :) If Adam can figure out how to get this baby out of me with out it hurting at all, I would be glad to have him as my doctor!

    ReplyDelete