Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Owner

This evening I was flossing Austin's teeth. I often talk to my boys while I floss their teeth, even though it is hard for them to talk to me. Tonight I was telling Austin that very soon I was going to teach him how to floss his own teeth. He gave me a look that said, "WHAT?!?" I told him that he had to learn how to do this at some point. I said, "Can you imagine being 25 and laying in my lap so I can floss your teeth?" With that Austin sat up and said, "Mom, when I am 25 I am not going to be living here. I am going to have my own house by then." I asked, "You will still have to know how to floss your own teeth." Austin said, "No, the owner will do that for me." I am totally confused at this point because he just said he was going to have his own house, I guess I assumed that he was going to be the owner. So, I had to ask, "Who is the owner?" Austin's reply was, "My wife."

Hmmmmm.....now that is something to think about :)

3 comments:

  1. How funny!! Austin makes me LOL!!! I guess that makes me the owner of my house - does that also mean that I am the BOSS??
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember that also means that you have to floss everyone's teeth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not see my first comment, so I will repost.

    ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha....!

    ReplyDelete