Thursday, April 15, 2010

Blueberry Coffee Cake

I go to a Bible study on Thursday mornings. Today we had a brunch with our Bible study groups. I decided to make a Blueberry Coffee Cake to take for our brunch. I was asked for the recipe, so I decided to post, as I find it easier than keeping up with a piece of paper to hand the person the next time I see them.


This is one of my boys favorite coffee cakes! Whenever I make this Austin exclaims, "MY FAVORITE!!" However, he says that with a lot of things, but it still makes me feel good!

The cookbook has this to be made in a 9 inch pan, I always make a 9x13 because I know it will go. I figured the measurements for the 9x13.

Blueberry Coffee Cake

2 eggs

1 cup sugar (this can be cut back)

3/4 cup of oil (I cut this back as well)

3/4 tsp vanilla

Beat together until fluffy

************

2 1/4 cup flour

3 tsp baking powder

3/4 tsp salt

3/4 cup milk

Add sifted dry ingredients alternately with milk

**********

1 1/2 cup blueberries (fresh or well drained) (I have been known to add more)

**someone told me that adding 1/2 a cup of sour cream to cakes and muffins really helps them to be moist. If I have it on hand, I will do this.

Fold in. Pour into a greased 9x13 pan

*********

Topping

1/2 cup brown sugar

1/3 cup flour

1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon

1/4 cup melted margarine (I don't measure this, I'm sure I don't use this much!)

1/2 cup chopped nuts (opt-I don't do this because my family doesn't care for nuts)

Combine thoroughly and sprinkle over the top.

**********

Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes (sometimes I need to add more time). Serve warm.

Christie, I would like a copy of the recipe for what your brought--I got distracted and forgot to ask for it. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment